Permitted Development Warranty
The relaxation in planning rules surrounding permitted development projects has created many opportunities for property owners and developers. Protek embraces this approach of new home creation and provides cover that specifically deals with the challenges of a permitted development conversion project. The permitted development warranty is designed for builders and developers converting commercial properties into residential homes and can include the full value reinstatement (including consequential damage to existing retained elements) if required by investors.
Protek is a Consumer Code For New Homes user. Consumers purchasing a newly created home from a Protek registered builder or developer can do so in the knowledge that they are buying their new home from a house builder with good customer service with fair sales processes. To be eligible for the scheme, builders and developers must apply to and be accepted for inclusion on the Protek register.
Permitted development cover from Protek
|Choosing Protek to provide a warranty on your next permitted development means you will be delivering each of your home buyers with a beautifully converted new home, inspected by our technical auditing team and backed by a comprehensive warranty with an ‘A’ rated insurer. You will also be providing each home owner with additional consumer protection backed by the Consumer Code For New Homes
|Protek is a Consumer Code For New Homes User. The code has been established to ensure that best practice is followed by registered builders and developers in respect of the marketing, selling and purchasing of new homes, and also sets expected standards for after sales customer care service.
Benefits of the Protek New Home Warranty
FREE RegistrationThe registration process is completely free and it’s simple to apply.
The Building Period – Loss of deposit protectionAs the developer, if you do not commence work on the home as a consequence of incapacity due to ill health or death or the due to your ceasing to trade or fraud, the Underwriter will refund the deposit paid by your customer or complete the home. This provides increased peace of mind for your home buyer.
10 Years Cover
- The home is covered for 10 years from the date of completion, with the developer taking responsibility for defects occurring in the first 2 years of cover. The new home warranty policy protects the home owner in the event the developer ceases to trade post completion.
- Full risk transfer occurs in years 3 to 10
Non-Compliance with Building regulations
- Fire Safety
- Site preparation and resistance to moisture
- Drainage and waste disposal
- Heat-producing appliances
- Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Glazing – safety in relation to impact opening and cleaning
- additional costs and expenses cover
- alternative accommodation
- removal of debris
- professional fees