Every property benefiting from a Protek Warranty undergoes a rigorous technical audit process which is designed to ensure that each property meets the standards in respect of design, component specification, and workmanship required for provision of a Protek warranty.
The bespoke technical audit is carried out by one of our surveyors from a national network spanning the whole of the UK. The process is administered electronically with each stage reported quickly, allowing the status of each inspection or the rectification of defects identified during the course of construction to be communicated to stakeholders as quickly as possible.
Once instructed, our site audit surveyor will make contact to identify the proposed schedule and request the relevant information to carry out a design and calculation check.
The design and calculation check has to be approved or issues identified remedied prior to relevant works starting on site.
A typical program of site-based inspections focuses on 7 key stages of the construction process as outlined below in addition to the requirements of the Building Regulations:
- Foundations: Ground conditions, proximity of trees, suitability of proposed design, excavations, contamination. Service preparation.
- Substructure: Oversight preparation, DPC positioning, DPM membrane, gas barrier & ventilation, reinforcement, sound transmission.
- Superstructure – Ground Floor: Wall construction (traditional or frame), insulation, fire protection, DPC, barriers, lateral restraint, maintained cavity, ties and cleanliness, correctly installed trays, expansion joints, preparation for steelworks, sound insulation, service penetrations, correct application of safety glass.
- Superstructure – Upper Floors: Wall construction (traditional or frame), insulation, fire protection, DPC, barriers, lateral restraint, maintained cavity, ties and cleanliness, correctly installed trays, lead trays, expansion joints, preparation for steelworks, sound insulation, spans, fixing, noggins and partition support, service penetrations, correct application of safety glass.
- Roof Structure & Weatherproofing: Roof construction, ladder support, wind bracing, wall plate installation, movement joints, adequate restraint & fixing, service penetrations & weathering, valley & flat roof deck, roof coverings, ventilation, trays and flashing.
- Pre-Plaster – Service penetrations in structural elements, ducting, fire stopping, floor and steel work structures, staircases, floor covering secure, wet room/area preparation, insulation and insulation around openings.
- Completion – All ducting complete, weep holes clear, service penetrations closed, All certificates and guarantees, Completion of joinery, inspection of rendering, finished external ground levels, threshold details, no health & safety issues, testing and commissioning certificates received. Product assessment.