Custom Build Home Warranty
Our Custom Build
home warranty caters for the recent development of the custom build model endorsed by the government. It takes into consideration the transfer of interest that occurs at some point during the construction phase from the builder or developer to the self builder or custom builder. The cover provided responds to the various exposures and contractual obligations of a custom build. It protects the homeowner in the event the property suffers physical damage or the risk of physical damage as a result of a defect in the design, workmanship, or components of the home. Unlike an architects certificate, the policy responds directly as there is no professional negligence to prove, making it a much more secure option.
The product is suitable for both public and private sector developments and is suitable for use with self-build mortgages and CIL exemption requirements, with the interest of the lender being noted.
Automatic successor in tile is a standard feature of the cover.
Stage release certification available as part of the technical audit process.
Loss of deposit protection can be included in your custom build home warranty.
The Underwriter will refund the deposit paid by the customer or complete the home if the developer does not commence work on the custom build home as a consequence of incapacity or death of the developer or the due to the developer ceasing to trade.
Custom Build home warranty – 10 year structural warranty cover
- The custom build home is covered for 10 years from the date of completion, with the original builder or developer taking responsibility for contractual defects occurring in the first 2 years of cover. The policy protects the home owner in the event the developer ceases to trade post completion.
- Full risk transfer occurs in years 3 to 10 although this can be flexible.
CONTAMINATED LAND COVER
The policy will indemnify the home owner in respect of remediation expenses incurred in treating, isolating or removing any substance from the policyholder’s land, in a controlled manner in accordance with the requirements of any statutory notice.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH BUILDING REGULATIONS
- Fire Safety
- Site preparation and resistance to moisture
- Drainage and waste disposal
- Heat-producing appliances
- Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Glazing – safety in relation to impact opening and cleaning
- additional costs and expenses cover
- alternative accommodation
- removal of debris
- professional fees
For full details of our cover, read the latest version of our Custom Build policy.
Please contact us on 0845 217 7059