Self Build Structural Warranty
Our self build structural warranty policy has been specifically designed to take into consideration the needs of the individual building or managing the creation of their own home. It is suitable for a new self build, conversion, renovation or extension project. Our sister website Protek Self Build carries more information on the products we provide to the self build, renovation, conversion and extension sectors. You can get a self build structural warranty quote and cover online in just a few minutes.
The cover provided takes into consideration the risks faced and protects the homeowner in the event the property suffers physical damage or the risk of physical damage as a result of a defect in the design, workmanship, or components of the home.
Unlike an architects certificate, the self build structural warranty policy responds directly as there is no professional negligence to prove, making it a much more secure option.
The product is suitable for for use with self-build mortgages and CIL exemption requirements, with the interest of the lender being noted.
Automatic successor in title is a standard feature of the cover after the first 12 months post completion.
Stage release certification is available as part of the technical audit process.
Self build structural warranty
If the builder does not commence work on the home as a consequence of incapacity due to ill health or death or due to the builder ceasing to trade or fraud, the Underwriter will refund the deposit paid by the customer or complete the home.
10 years protection for the project
- The home is covered for 10 years from the date of completion.
- No defects period to worry about.
- The new builders guarantee policy protects the home owner in the event of major structural damage, defective waterproofing and drainage.
- Full risk transfer occurs in years 1 to 10
- Automatic successor in title after the first twelve months
CONTAMINATED LAND COVER
The policy will indemnify the homeowner in respect of remediation expenses incurred in treating or isolating or removing any substance from the policyholder’s land in a controlled manner in accordance with the requirements of any statutory notice.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH BUILDING REGULATIONS
- Fire Safety
- Site preparation and resistance to moisture
- Drainage and waste disposal
- Heat-producing appliances
- Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Glazing – safety in relation to impact opening and cleaning
- additional costs and expenses cover
- alternative accommodation
- removal of debris
- professional fees
For full details of our cover, read the latest version of our Self-Build policy.
Get A Quote: CLICK HERE