New Home Warranty
Designed for Housebuilders
A Protek new home warranty is designed for house builders and developers building or converting properties to sell. It’s a new build warranty and insurance policy that provides 10 year cover for people purchasing a new home. It is designed to protect the investment against major structural defects and is a requirement for mortgage finance. It is designed to cover developments up to contract values of £50m
Protek is a Consumer Code For New Homes user, so consumers purchasing a new home from a Protek registered house builder do so in the knowledge that they are buying their new home with a lender approved new home warranty in place. Being Consumer Coded demonstrates adherence to good customer service and a fair sales processes. To be eligible for the scheme, house builders and developers must apply to and be accepted for inclusion on the Protek register . This is a straightforward process, completely free and can be instigated online.
Protek registered housebuilders provide their customers with class leading warranty cover
Benefits of the Protek New Home Warranty
The registration process is completely free and it’s simple to apply here.
10 or 12 Years Cover
- The home is covered for 10 or 12 years from the date of completion, with the developer taking responsibility for defects occurring in the first 2 years of cover. The new home warranty policy protects the home owner during the defects period in the event the developer ceases to trade post completion.
- Full risk transfer occurs in years 3 to 10
- The Protek New Home Warranty is backed by very secure insurers with ‘A’ security ratings
Contaminated Land Cover
The new home warranty policy will indemnify the home owner in respect of remediation expenses incurred in treating or isolating or removing any substance from the policyholder’s land in a controlled manner in accordance with the requirements of any statutory notice.
Non-Compliance with Building regulations cover available
- Fire Safety
- Site preparation and resistance to moisture
- Drainage and waste disposal
- Heat-producing appliances
- Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Glazing – safety in relation to impact opening and cleaning
- additional costs and expenses cover
- alternative accommodation
- removal of debris
- professional fees
For full details of our new home warranty cover, read the latest version of our New Home policy.