Commercial Building Warranty
A commercial building warranty is designed to protect owners and developers of commercial properties against the cost of fixing potentially expensive defects. Cover is available for a range of buildings including offices, hotels, supermarkets, care homes, commercial units and distribution hubs.
The commercial building warranty can be arranged by the developer or property owner on property at any stage during the construction process and post completion. However its usually more cost effective to arrange it before works commence. It offers the possibility of genuine risk transfer to subsequent owners and any successor in title. It will replace the requirement for an unreliable collateral warranty and will give protection even if the contractor/builder ceases to trade. Importantly the policyholder does not need to prove negligence. We provide cover against defects in the design, workmanship, materials and components causing major damage.
While the requirement for the product may not be apparent at the outset – it’s usually a requirement of the ingoing tenant and it is therefore important to consider early on.
Our commercial building warranty features:
- 10 or 12 year Structural Warranty cover available
- Subrogation waivers available
- Protection for external car parks and associated drainage
- Cover for Contaminated Land remediation works and failure to comply with building regulations.
- Additional costs cover included
- Cover as standard for additional costs, removal of debris and
- Additional cover available for loss of rental income.