Barn Conversion Warranty
Purchasing a barn conversion warranty should be a very important consideration on projects that incorporate a barn or farm building that is being converted to residential use. This is why we have designed this type of policy. Importantly, it means you will be securing the 10-year structural warranty cover your require. Protek provides solutions for one-off housing units, live/work developments, and multi-unit conversion development projects. Because not every project is straightforward, we will provide you with cover on a conversion project where a receiver is involved or where the project has a high reinstatement value. We can also provision cover where it is being built as an investment only.
The cover provided takes into consideration the risks faced and protects the Policyholder in the event the property suffers physical damage or the risk of physical damage as a result of a defect in the design, workmanship, or components of the home. Unlike an architect’s certificate, the policy responds directly as there is no professional negligence to prove, making it a much more secure option. The product will note the interest of any lender. In addition, automatic successor in title is a standard feature of the cover. This allows you to transfer the property with the benefit of any remaining cover, should you sell in the future.
Barn Conversion Warranty, 10-year structural warranty insurance
- We will provide 10 year cover from the date of completion.
- We can supply the warranty with or without a builder’s defect liability period.
- The warranty policy protects you the homeowner in the event of major structural damage. Defective waterproofing (subject to design approval), and drainage.
- Full risk transfer from day one available
- additional costs and expenses cover
- alternative accommodation
- removal of debris
- professional fees