Information we gather about you
The information that we collect and process via this website may include:
• Information provided by you in completed forms via the website and emails exchanged with us or any of its personal data such as your name, contact information including email address, job title etc
• details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders
• information provided in the uploading of documents and reports via the website or sent via email
• your preferences and use of email updates, as recorded by emails that we send you (if you elect to receive email updates on our products and offers)
• any telephone call to our Customer Service Team may be recorded and may be monitored
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To provide you with information and quotations on products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
• Internal record keeping
• For credit checking purposes
• To process online claims and to administer claims
• To respond to your enquiries
• For research and statistical purposes
• For the investigation of or prevention of crime
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• To notify you about changes to our service
How we will not use your information
We will never sell, share or rent your personal information to any third party without your express permission, other than the third party suppliers of services that you purchase through Lucas Fettes & Partners Limited Trading as Protek. These suppliers are selected by us and will be identified to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet including emails are not completely secure. We cannot accept respon-sibility for any unauthorised access or loss or data that is beyond our control. However, once we have received your information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share your password with anyone.
When handling payments, we will capture your payment details, such as credit or debit card de-tails, over a secure link using recognised industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts the data whilst passing it over the internet and which is indicated on most browsers by a padlock in the status bar.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an indi-vidual and helps us log information and details of visitor patterns. Analysis of this information helps us improve our website and deliver a better service by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We collect this information in a way which does not gather per-sonal identity information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
We may use your information to provide you by email with information on products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing is this way and you change your mind, please confirm your wishes to be re-moved from our mailing list by writing to Lucas Fettes & Partners Limited trading as Protek, Plough Court, 37 Lombard Street, London, EC3V 9BQ or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Protection Act
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protec-tion Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Lucas Fettes & Partners Limited Trading as Protek, Plough Court, 37 Lombard Street, London, EC3V 9BQ or email email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.