Social Housing Warranty
Our social housing warranty has been developed for housing associations, residential social landlords, developers and builders. It provides excellent levels of cover on the homes they are building or converting. It is suitable for regeneration projects and mixed use projects.
To be eligible for the scheme, builders and developers must apply and be accepted to the Protek Register
Social Housing warranty cover:
THE BUILDING PERIOD – LOSS OF DEPOSIT.
If the builder does not commence work on the home as a consequence of incapacity due to ill health or death of the builder or the due to the builder ceasing to trade or fraud, the Underwriter will refund the deposit paid by the customer or complete the home.
10 or 12 years social housing warranty cover
- The home is covered for 10 years from the date of completion, with the builder taking responsibility for defects occurring in the first 2 years of cover. The policy protects the home owner in the event the developer ceases to trade post completion.
- Full risk transfer occurs in years 3 to 10 or 12
CONTAMINATED LAND COVER
The policy will indemnify the homeowner in respect of remediation expenses incurred in treating or isolating or removing any substance from the policyholder’s land in a controlled manner in accordance with the requirements of any statutory notice.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH BUILDING REGULATIONS
- Fire Safety
- Site preparation and resistance to moisture
- Drainage and waste disposal
- Heat-producing appliances
- Protection from falling, collision and impact
- Glazing – safety in relation to impact opening and cleaning
- additional costs and expenses cover
- alternative accommodation
- removal of debris
- professional fees
For a quotation, just click here