Inspection Reporting Technician
INSPECTION REPORTING TECHNICIAN – EDENBRIDGE
SALARY: £22K – £25K + Benefits NEW POSITION
POSTING DATE JUNE 2018
We are looking for a construction experienced individual to join us as in a newly created Inspection Reporting Technician position based in our Edenbridge Office. The role will suit someone who has construction experience either as a professional trades-person, engineer or perhaps an individual who has completed an HNC in construction and is keen to find a job that provides genuine progression opportunity in a specialist area of insurance.
INSPECTION REPORTING TECHNICIAN – EDENBRIDGE ROLE
As an Inspection Reporting Technician, you will initially join our underwriting team where you will learn how we manage risks through our technical auditing process. You will receive training on how we identify and handle defects in construction and how the cover is tailored to ensure we manage the risk to insurers on the completed developments. Once you’ve gained sufficient experience you will be responsible for the integration from the site surveyor through the underwriting process to the final customer. The role will involve handling projects ranging from single units to multiple unit developments.
The successful candidate is likely to be seeking a progressive role and will be expected to develop their career through on the job training, site based experience and CII or equivalent construction qualification and could lead effectively into an Account Handling role for mainstream development projects. Protek provides support for professional learning development through CII or equivalent qualification.
THE CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent with strong results (Grade B or above) in Maths and English
- Previous construction experience or Level 3 in Construction & Built Environment, HNC or HND qualification
- An ability to work independently to deadlines and to support other members of their team to achieve common goals. Progression will likely lead to running a small dedicated team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Previous experience of drafting out client related documentation is desirable but not essential.
- Computer literate, ideally with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to produce accurate work under pressure.
- You will have an interest in business administration and have an aptitude for figures. This is an ideal opportunity for a confident, personable and hard working individual to work in a great team whilst gaining valuable experience to progress your insurance career.
- Construction experience is desirable.
- The candidate should have a practical mind and able to read technical plans, sections and details.
Protek Group Limited is an Authorised Representative of Stackhouse Poland Limited who is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number 309340). We are an established structural warranty and construction insurance provider, underwriting on behalf of ‘A’ rated insurers. We provide insurance solutions for new build and conversion developments with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
- Structured training programme, including professional qualifications.
- Real opportunity to progress on completion of training and development milestones.
- Annual holiday entitlement 4 weeks plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join our auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join our death in service scheme.
START DATE: July 2018
Please apply for the Inspection Report Technician – Edenbridge vacancy in writing to email@example.com with a CV, accompanying letter and salary expectations.