Consumer Code for New Homes event
The Consumer Code for New Homes is holding an event on the 29th November in Westminster, to raise awareness of the benefits of purchasing a new home that is covered by the Code.
Protek Group Director, Simon Middleton and Lucas Fettes & Partners Director Mark Taylor will be attending the event. Guest speakers include Maria Miller, MP, and Paul Nash, a former president of the Chartered Institute of Building.
The Consumer Code for New Homes is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) and was established to ensure that best practice is followed in the new build homes sector. Its aim is to provide a genuine commitment to improving standards of construction and raising customer service standards in the new build housing market.
It is the only CTSI Approved Code in the new build sector that is backed by an industry collective of warranty bodies, including our own Protek Warranty. Mark Taylor and Simon Middleton are directors of the Consumer Code for New Homes.
Mark Taylor said, “The Consumer Code for New Homes is an independent consumer body founded to ensure the highest standards in the new build market. Membership of the code is only available to those who demonstrate a commitment to quality and best practice, so the Consumer Code for New Homes enables consumers to have peace of mind when purchasing a new home.”
The Code ensures that buyers of new build homes:
- are treated fairly by their developer and their agents
- are confident about the developer’s legal and professional status
- are given clear and reliable information upon which to make decisions about purchasing a new build home
- know what standards of construction to expect from their developer
- know what service levels to expect from their developer and their agents
- understand what they have to do to maintain their new build home and address any problems that may arise
- know how to access speedy, low-cost dispute resolution arrangements if they are dissatisfied
- that are in a vulnerable position are identified and given suitable support to help assist them in making decisions.
The Code covers the entire new build home buying process, from construction to the pre-purchase stage right through to handover and aftersales.